Naval Medical Command IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/DATAMGT) in Yokosuka, Japan
You will serve as a IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/DATAMGMT) in the Information Management/Information Technology Department of NAVAL HOSPITAL .
To learn more about the living and working condition at this military installation go to: http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/MOS/f?p=MI:ENTRY:0
Priority consideration will be given to military spouse preference and family member preference eligible residing in the commute area of the duty location for this position. Commute area is defined as the geographic area surrounding the duty location in which people can reasonably be expected to travel back and forth daily.
Military Spouses and Family Members may apply 30 days before their anticipated arrival date. However, they will not receive preference until arrival at the foreign location. Additional documentation may be required prior to granting preference.
Military spouses and family members who are appointed may not extend longer than 2 months following the transfer of the sponsor from the commuting area of the foreign duty station; 2 months beyond the separation of the appointee's sponsor; or any time beyond the time employee ceases to be a family member.
Learn more about this agency
- Serve as Systems Administrator for Clinical Information Systems, which include Composite Healthcare System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), as well as other laboratory and pharmaceutical operations supporting systems.
- Create accounts in CHCS and AHLTA, primary administrator for manual data mapping, troubleshooting server and software, monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of services on server and clients.
- Develop or modifies individual AdHoc reports Structured Query Language (SQL) queries using both relational and hierarchical data structures, and miscellaneous programs.
- Design queries using pointers, backwards pointers, and assembles data into a useful form when no logical pointers exist for that data.
- Collaborate with end-users, other medical facilities and vendors to configure customer interfaces and account updates on military healthcare.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- This is an overseas position. You will be subject to and must be able to satisfy the overseas requirements of the 26Jul12 DODI 1400.25 V1230: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/140025v1230.pdf
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- This position requires IA technical level II training and certification DOD 8570-01M (Security +. GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security).
Your resume must demonstrate one year of information technology related experience in the federal service or private or public sector demonstrating the following four competencies, as defined:
I have one year of information technology related experience in the federal service or private or public sector demonstrating the following four competencies, as defined:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency must include: analyzing customer requirements, design solution to include resource costs, develop implementation plans, test and evaluate solutions.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency must include: serve as point of contact for the system interfacing, physiologic monitoring and other medical devices and health care information systems.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency must include: collaborate with end-users, other medical facilities and vendors to configure customer interfaces and account updates on military healthcare.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency must include: studies system inputs and outputs and processing to be accomplished to define individual programs, determine data structure and sequences, and establish interface standards and processing cycles.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector involving information processing methodology, information technology, computer capabilities, configuration management, capacity planning, security, processing techniques and knowledge of the medical healthcare delivery system.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
A. Have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
B. Have successfully completed 3 full years (54 hours) of progressively higher graduate level education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, graduate education that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
If you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume. See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
For those applicants located outside of the commuting area, a service agreement may be negotiated in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulation and applicable Department of the Navy policies.
Tour of duty will be 36 months.
Pay retention may be granted to the selectee recruited outside the area who accepts a downgrade when there is no step in the lower grade that equals or exceeds his/her current rate of basic pay.
Civilian employment in the competitive service in foreign areas shall be limited to a period of 5 continuous years unless interrupted by at least 2 years of physical presence in the United States or non-foreign area.
For more Foreign Overseas recruitment information: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/OverseasRecruitmentinformationForeign.pdf
For more Local Foreign Overseas recruitment information: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/ForeignOverseasLocalRecruitmentInformation.pdf
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage. For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position. http://cpol.army.mil/library/permiss/2801ss.html.
Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents contain personal information such as SSN and DOB and some documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove said personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- DATA AND CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEST AND EVALUATION
- SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
A COMPLETE RESUME IS REQUIRED. Your resume must show relevant experience (cover letter optional) where you worked, job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week & salary. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade level i.e. GS-0201-09. Note: Only the last resume received will be reviewed.
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO DOCUMENT IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE EVIDENCE THAT SUPPORTS YOUR ELIGIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION CLAIMS. You are strongly encouraged to upload the applicable documents with your application package. These documents will assist the staffing specialist in determining your eligibility and qualifications, but are not required at the time of application. If you do not upload the suggested documents, then you must document in your resume the information needed to determine your eligibility. If you are selected, these documents will be requested at the time of tentative job offer to verify eligibility and qualifications. You will have 2 business days to submit these documents before a job offer is rescinded.
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE? You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of your license or certificate in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your license number and the name of the licensing authority in your resume.
ARE YOU QUALIFYING BASED ON EDUCATION or A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE? You must provide sufficient documentation of your education in your resume. You are strongly encouraged to provide a copy of transcripts or degrees in your application package. It is also acceptable to document your applicable course listing in your resume (course number, credits earned, etc...). Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If selected, an official/sealed transcript will be required prior to appointment. Applications will be accepted from students who expect to complete qualifying education within 9 months from the date of application. However, agencies are required to verify that the education has been completed successfully before any applicant can be appointed (report to work); therefore, your selection or start date may be impacted by proof and completion of all position requirements.
ARE YOU AN ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBER? Active Duty Service Members are required to submit a statement of service printed on command letterhead and signed by the command. The statement of service must provide the branch of service, rate/rank, all dates of service, the expected date of discharge and anticipated character of service (Honorable, General, etc.).
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
Click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Complete resume with relevant experience where you worked, job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, supervisor's name and phone number, starting and end dates (Mo/Yr), hours per week and salary. If you are a current or previous federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade level (e.g. GS-0201-09). 2. Complete assessment questionnaire. For a quick preview of the assessment questionnaire click here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10152551 3. Supporting documentation
Failure to submit a complete application package will result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration.
Your complete application (resume, assessment questionnaire, and all supporting documents) must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 03/19/2018. Applications received after 03/19/2018 may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed.
NOTE: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account: https://mydon.usajobs.gov/Account/Login select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process so please plan appropriately.
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents contact Department of Navy EIC at (800) 378-4559 or DONEIC@navy.mil.
Do not email or send hard copy resumes/applications to the Contact Information or Agency Information listed in this vacancy announcement. All resumes/applications received at the addresses listed in the Contact Information or Agency Information will be destroyed and will not be considered for this vacancy announcement.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that all information in their resume and documents are legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers/documents submitted by an applicant.
Agency contact information
Department of Navy EIC
NAVAL HOSPITAL PSC 473 Box 1342 Yokosuka FPO, AP US
Learn more about this agency
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements for which you requested consideration. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your level of knowledge, skill, and ability related to the job requirements.
Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493905000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/14/2018 to 03/19/2018
Salary: $62,083 to $80,710 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent