Microsoft Corporation Sub BG Lead in Tokyo, Japan
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means The Subsidiary Business Group Lead (BG Lead) has end-to-end accountability for the BG business in the local market or area including planning (area only), execution and governance. This includes revenue, scorecard and share dashboard accountabilities and goals, as well as playing a leadership role within the subsidiary including participating in Extended Leadership meetings, planning and governance processes and providing data and insights that support and drive effective business prioritization and decision-making that achieves the BG’s business goals. In this role, the BG Lead is responsible for close cross-group collaboration across segments and the other business groups to ensure local execution of strategies and tactics to further drive the business. An important role of the BG Lead is building deep audience insight, including understanding audience segmentation; their attitudes and purchase behaviors. Based on these insights, work across the teams to execute against the commercial sales motions. They are the ambassador for the product brand in the local market or area and are responsible for overseeing and managing the investments in BG broad marketing. The BG Lead is expected to have a deep understanding of the products, the go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape and the local business opportunity and climate in their local market or area. The BG Lead is the local spokesperson externally and internally for the products in the subsidiary. Finally, the BG Lead is on point for reporting back to corp on the success metrics (scorecard) as part of the rhythm of the business process.
The Impact You’ll Be Making Core Responsibilities: Program/Campaign Execution (60%)
• Actively engage cross the other business groups and segments in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.) to execute and support the key motions on behalf of Surface Devices.
• Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary. • Monitor and evaluate campaign/program results, optimizes campaign/program business plans and KPIs based on key learnings
• Rely on corporate business intelligence and the Business & Planning Organization Lead (BPO) for reporting and analysis of the BG’s performance to geography and corporate leadership
• Manage marketing budgets for BG led activities.
• Ensure programs and campaigns are funded locally through the budget and scorecard.
• Support meeting the BG’s financial and scorecard goals for the Subsidiary
• Active participation, insights and sharing in global BG Lead community
• Drive growth for Surface by landing product strategy with the Modern Workplace stakeholders to deliver consistent growth and build channel confidence.
• Mature channel strategy and incubate/grow modern commerce channels exploring opportunities locally.
• Evaluate services and support growth and maturity locally through partner to mature the pre and post-purchase experience.
• Drive product marketing strategy implementation and value proposition landing.
• Launch new Surface devices to support building a premium Surface brand that delivers the best of Microsoft; lead Modern Workplace transformation with Surface devices, and develop a sustainable business that delivers GM and revenue targets. Rhythm of the Business (10%)
• Track KPIs and scorecard metrics for Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and Correction of Errors (Area level only)
• Participate in quarterly connection meetings with corp to share learnings and current state of the business. (Area level only) Product Evangelism (30%)
• Strengthen the GTM motion with Microsoft 365 as the chief evangelist for Surface devices, showcasing the best of Microsoft 365 with our premium portfolio amplifying the message, Surface is the “ultimate device for the Modern Workplace” with internal and external audiences (Press, enthusiasts, influentials and pre-sales customer scenarios) to increase Surface revenue growth and M365 Surface attach.
• Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
Who We Are Looking For Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge: Experience
• 8-10 years of related product marketing experience Skills & Knowledge
• Evangelist and subject matter expert for product
• Deep customer focus and understanding
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent communicator
• Experienced in core marketing communications functions Education: • Requires a bachelor degree in Business, Marketing or Computer Science., MBA preferred
• Certifications in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, and consultative selling preferred
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.