Google Specialist, Talent Programs and Events in Tokyo, Japan
Google is known for our innovative technologies, products and services — and for the people behind them. The Google People Services (GPS) team focuses on providing an amazing experience to past, present and future Googlers. As a Programs Specialist, you will enthusiastically represent the Google brand and build our talent pipeline. Whether it’s making our staffing systems more efficient, planning for our growth, building relationships on college campuses or cultivating the next generation of computer scientists, you will have an eye on the staffing needs of Google and the broader hiring landscape. You'll be focused on cultivating outstanding candidates for Google's long-term hiring needs, and you are the glue that ties together a cross-functional and international group of staffing teams.
The Talent Programs & Events team, part of Global People Services, is focused on promoting Google as an exceptional place to work for experienced talent across our Global Business Organization, tech and research, building a robust and diverse pipeline of outstanding candidates, and collaborating cross-functionally and globally to build and refine partnerships and outreach. You will be developing events that will engage a target talent profile, building relationships with external organizations, and developing strategy to attract top talent to Google’s workforce. In this role you will focus your partnership on one of the most exciting parts of the company. You will partner with various Staffing and Product Areas to build a comprehensive outreach strategy from the ground up and ensure flawless execution.
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Develop and execute events and programs proactively for external candidates, track results and scale where possible. Partner with internal entities to create comprehensive program and event strategies.
- Plan and execute recruiting and employment branding events, ranging from small intimate programs to large scale productions. Manage post-event reporting, detailed tracking and analysis.
- Manage relationships with key external organizations and groups to cultivate a strong partnership and enhance Google’s brand in the employment marketplace. Build solid relationships with vendors, internal team members, and a wide range of stakeholders across Google to manage expectations and ensure high-quality event management.
- Develop and implement events including program mapping and planning, budgets, stakeholder buy-in, logistics, messaging (internal and external), developing content with Googlers, and other core elements to successfully meet event objectives. Contribute to our online presence and public messaging by creating interesting and informational web and collateral content.
- Some travel will be required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in program/event planning, recruiting, marketing, HR, consulting or related area.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English fluently and idiomatically.
- Exceptional relationship management skills including negotiation, influencing, and strong interpersonal communications.
- Highly motivated and creative professional with demonstrated project and budget management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, and follow through with team members to achieve group as well as individual goals.
- Ability to grow positive working relationships with colleagues at all organizational levels.
- Focused on providing top-quality client support for the coordination and seamless delivery of events.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.