Microsoft Corporation SERVICE ENGINEER in Tokyo, Japan
Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers Microsoft's cloud services. The team is responsible for the following: ・Designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; ・Managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; ・Responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams) We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability including delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and over 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working 24x7x365 to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group! As the service engineer with the Cloud Operations Platform Services, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across engineering groups, IT, Logistics, and Critical Environment (CE) spectrums, supporting 24x7x365 mission-critical data centers (DC). This role will be supporting and solving DC break & fix tickets with focus on Azure RMA and diagnostic tooling. The role is part of a team that is responsible for driving quality, consistency in support, and escalations for the DCs across the worldwide Microsoft DC portfolio. In this context, you will participate in coordinating delivery of services in facilities ranging from single large capacity sites/campuses to several smaller locations -- all built on the cutting edge of data center industry design and equipment!
Excellent interpersonal awareness, and communication skills will be pivotal in bringing your project management and technical abilities to life, supporting Microsoft’s success!
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience includes:
- 5+ Years’ experience operating in mission-critical, 24x7x365 production environments.
- 3+ Years’ experience working on enterprise scale diagnostics tooling and optimizations.
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT equipment (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Capacity, DC Rack/Enclosures, IDF/MDF design, structured cabling etc.)
- Basic familiarity with CE concepts (e.g. Electrical Distribution, Mechanical Cooling Systems, etc.)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Strong knowledge of engineering methodologies including agile development and Sprint planning
- Strong technical skills that can solve problem quickly and recommend improvements to other engineering groups including your customers, the DC workforce
- Great experience with working on large scale projects and be able to push them through on time and on budget
- Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenges issues and diverse audiences
- Be able to lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers toward developing the right solutions for the customer
- Be able to travel as necessary to learn new platform and to support DC in US and internationally
Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the work place.
HR Contact - Thea（yichwu） Hiring manager - Mark（markcady）
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.