Google Sales Engineer, Google Cloud in Tokyo, Japan
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. As these customers start their exploration into cloud computing, you'll be there to shape and execute technical win strategies, and become a trusted advisor to our clients, helping them realize maximum business value from Google Cloud. You will assist fellow Sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You will liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work hand-in-hand with Account Executives to explore opportunities from a technical perspective, and collaboratively set the opportunity pursuit strategy. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scope out migration workloads.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience as a Sales Engineer or Technical Consultant in a cloud computing environment or in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Business level communication in Japanese and English.
- MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with data and information management - relating to Big Data trends and issues within businesses. Experience using and/or managing databases.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC).
- Understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments, and experience of web/internet related technologies, architecture across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Familiarity with architecture and operational aspects of large scale distributed systems. Understanding of Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL and BigQuery.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.