Google Regional Programs Manager, Music, YouTube Spaces in Tokyo, Japan
YouTube Spaces are state-of-the-art production facilities designed specifically for YouTube creators to produce digital video content, from production and editing through uploading to YouTube. Run by YouTube's in-house experts, the Spaces serve as a creative production facility for both established and emerging YouTube creators who are part of the YouTube Partner Program. Located in cities all across the world, YouTube Spaces enable creators to learn from industry experts, collaborate with other creators, and have access to the latest production and post-production digital video equipment. For more information, please visit youtube.com/space.
As a Regional Program Manager, you will be tasked to gather cross-functional requirements, co-design, and lead programs targeted to YouTube artists and labels. You will collaborate with YouTube teams to provide high valued content and opportunities to creators.
You will independently lead multiple programs driving creator satisfaction across APAC, coordinating cross-functionally across the Music, Marketing, YouTube Spaces and YouTube key functional areas.
You will drive and own regional initiatives from initial scoping to delivery, and you will develop and deliver plans and reviews to regional leadership.
You anticipate, persistently explore and uncover the needs of YouTube creators and understand how our range of programs can drive satisfaction, change perception or drive business growth. Your mission will be to deliver successful launches while constantly improving the overall programs.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Gather cross-functional regional input to define the global business objective, target outcome and target audience for creators
- Assist in defining global and regional programming strategy based on inputs from heads of creator relationships, by facilitating and attending meetings with cross-functional stakeholders in coordination with Global Music or Key Opinion Formers (KOF) Leads
- Finalize the requirements per type of constituent and define global needs and targets with the global program lead
- Define program schedule and priorities for YouTube Music programs
- Align the final schedule with global creators, music labels, KOFs and advertiser programs leads. Ensure sign-off of programs with regional Heads of Spaces and ensure capacity for creator programs together with the Capacity Planning team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Project/program management experience and experience leading efforts across functions.
- Ability to speak and write Japanese and English fluently and idiomatically
- Solid understanding of the YouTube music ecosystem
- Demonstrated capability to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholder expectations and communicate effectively
- Highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded and strategic. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills to track and measure effort
- Strong networking skills, both internal and external. Self-starter, strong at taking initiative - both highly collaborative and can work independently
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.