Expedia Recruiter , LPS North East Asia in Tokyo, Japan
Expedia, leading online travel provider, is currently seeking an experienced Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team, where you will support the LPS (Lodging Partner Services) division of Expedia.
You will be a trusted partner to business leaders, team mates, and the broader HR team, whilst working to find great talent for GMM, GPG & Analytics within NEA region and specialist and managerial talent across the Asia Pacific Region.
Expedia Inc.’s global lodging inventory supply organization – known as LPS - is a strategically pivotal function which manages relationships with, and supply from, more than 350,000+ Global Hotel Partners in 200+ countries. As well as managing supply relationships, LPS is also innovating and commercializing numerous products and solutions for the hotel industry. LPS is a truly global organization with approximately 4000 employees in working in over 60 countries.
LPS can be broken down to three main groups that provide 85% of the demand for the talent acquisition function:
- Market Management (MM) – a highly professionalized field organization totalling more than 1700 people that works with Expedia’s Hotel partners across our four super-regions (North America, Latin America, EMEA & APAC) to acquire and manage supply availability and pricing
- Market Operation (MO) – this function of 1700 people is accountable for supporting Lodging Content Management and day-to-day servicing of hotel relationships; customer and partner support
- Global Partner Group (GPG) - manages strategic relationships with the world’s largest hotel chains
In addition to the above groups LPS also has additional global organisations across; New Businesses unit, Finance, Analytics & Revenue Management, and Strategy & Business Development.
- Create and implement sourcing strategies for the business to meet current demand and to build a pipeline for future roles
- Manage all aspects of a full-cycle recruiting process while effectively using Expedia’s guidelines, systems, and tools
- Ensure that business leaders prioritize position requirements and make trade-offs by using sound judgment in balancing quality and speed when filling requisitions
- Facilitate intake meetings with leaders to ensure alignment on open positions and to identify the best available sourcing channels
- Leverage current online web technologies to locate, engage, and attract prospective candidates
- Identify the top-performing employees at talent competitors and use the right messages to reach high-quality candidates
- Proactively cold call passive candidates and articulate the Expedia brand to create a compelling story and gain candidate interest
- Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position
- Maintain effective relationships with candidates through the recruiting process including negotiating offers
- Act as ambassador of Expedia, demonstrating and articulating our values, culture, work environment, business strategies, benefits, and other areas of interest.
- Act as an advisor to partners concerning labour market conditions
- Previous experience of handling high volume recruiting ideally supporting sales or customer services organization
- Solid understanding of Japan talent market
- Experience of North East Asia talent market preferred
- Both in-house and agency recruitment experience preferred
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Ability to influence hiring managers by providing value-added recruiting advice and insights
- Ability to comprehensively understand the business strategy and connect it to a talent strategy
- Capacity to anticipate future talent needs of the organization and build a steady stream of prospective talent
- Ability to understand an organization's business model, operations, financial goals, and competitive position
- Exceptional networking and candidate engagement skills
- Possess strong skills related to all aspects of a full-cycle recruiting process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workload based on business needs
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability in exercising sound judgment while working with a high degree of independence
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time