Google Partner Sales Engineer, Google Cloud in Tokyo, Japan
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by allowing customers to use our infrastructure. We’re growing very fast and looking for a number of professionals to join the Google Cloud team at Google. You will use your knowledge and leadership of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help our partners to understand the benefits of Google Cloud to drive business growth and customer success.
As a Partner Sales Engineer, your primary role is to become a trusted advisor to our partners and prospects, winning hearts and minds and helping them get as much value out of our platform as possible. Sales Engineers should be strong allies to the Partner Manager in every situation, using both technical and business skill sets to move things forward as efficiently as possible. Customer and Partner success is paramount and being a proactive self-starter is an absolute must.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with Partner Managers to identify and recruit the best partners in the market that can deliver innovative solutions to our customers, built on top of Google Cloud (Google Cloud Platform and G Suite).
- Develop our partners’ technical teams with both sales and technical competencies, so that they can be successful in the market.
- Keep partners up-to-date with product and technical knowledge and competitive differentiators.
- Engage with and work hands-on with partner technical representatives in opportunities and projects, complementing their skill and guaranteeing high quality customer deliverables. Advise on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing “best practice” advice to customers and partners to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Be a technical advocate within Google for our partners to help provide feedback from the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer- and/or partner-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services, solutions architect or systems engineering team).
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to visit partners across a defined geographic territory
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses; hands-on experience using and/or managing databases.
- Experience with software lifecycle and build tools as well as past experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud, and related industry and technical concepts, as well as working knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies, strong grasp of enterprise networking and identity management systems, hands-on experience with Linux.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.