Microsoft Corporation Cloud Solution Architect in Tokyo, Japan
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services. We are looking for a Industry Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on Azure in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. This is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience.
An industry Cloud Solution Architect (I-CSA) possesses deep industry solution expertise and drives high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with the industry POD, WW Industry team and Microsoft field. The I-CSA is a solution and technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience. I-CSAs own the Azure technical customer engagement including: business architecture, solution architecture, facilitate architectural design sessions, manage specific implementation programs with corresponding Proofs of Concept plans. The ideal candidate will have long experience in customer facing roles and success with target industry customers leading business process, architecture, and design discussions with customer executives to drive deployment of industry solutions. Drive the deployment of customer workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
• Drive the deployment of C+E target industry solutions into C+E Cloud (Azure required + CRMOL and ERPOL) and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers for customers.
• Establish deep relationships with key OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption as mean to resolve business problems within their company.
• Understand customer’s business requirements, challenge assumptions to motivate change, identify, validate and grow opportunities, in partnership with the sales team, for deployment of Microsoft and/or 3rd party C+E industry solutions to deliver tangible business value. • Lead mapping of business/solution goals & requirements to Azure-based architecture and technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the customer's existing solution landscape.
• Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements. • Coach other technical sellers to become certified in required Azure technical certifications
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations
• 5+ years of experience implementing and deploying complex, business critical industry solution, e.g predictive maintenance, credit risk analysis, retail personalization, and/or experience in one or more industry functional areas (e.g. PLM, Risk management, Customer Care) to support engagement with LOB businesses
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux, HPC
• Deep expertise in Industry regulatory compliance relevant to cloud deployment (e.g. Financial and Banking regulations, Health care regulations etc)
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: .NET, C++, Java, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, SalesForce, Accenture/Avanade, Google, Softlayer, GE, Siemens, Dassault Systemes, Temenos, Misys, SAP, Oracle
Work location - Tokyo, Shinagawa
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.