Google Cloud Engineering, University Graduate (English, Japanese) in Tokyo, Japan
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
The Cloud Customer Engineering, Cloud Professional Services (PSO), and Cloud Technical Support teams provide technical expertise across the full Google Cloud portfolio of products in order to prove the value of our technology, while effectively deploying solutions and providing customers with ongoing support. These teams are on the front lines of leading customers through one of the largest technological shifts in the history of the IT industry. They are the consultants and engineering experts that help customers to understand the unique value and transformational benefits that result from applying these technologies to their business workloads.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to engage in technical solution validation, to develop scalable tools, demos and related assets, and to provide implementation, advisory and support services to Google customers across a wide spectrum of industries at varying scale. You will also have the opportunity to develop your business and product skills by working on a range of projects, such as building tools to automate and scale business processes, mashing up and combining different Google products to create custom solutions, and providing data-driven insights for Google’s internal Sales and Product teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Guide customers through the entire innovation lifecycle, building strategic roadmaps and driving achievement of key milestones.
- Help customers with their day-to-day challenges by delivering scalable solutions and troubleshooting their problems. Understand operational workflows, identify and define tool needs to enable operational scaling, and drive the development (initial and ongoing) and deployment of these tools.
- Contribute to the design, development, and implementation of prototypes, demos, and proof-of-concept components in support of customer opportunities. Help to build creative solutions to challenging customer questions, requests for proposals (RFPs), or other obstacles encountered in customer engagements.
- Collaborate and team with customer technical and implementation leads and other partners in order to manage and drive successful adoption of Google Cloud. Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for solution architectures and consulting services.
- Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including Product Management and Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical subject, or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to start in April 2019.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as Java, C++ and/or Python.
- Experience in systems software and algorithms, working with Linux/Unix and APIs.
- Database design and SQL Query construction experience.
- Business savvy with effective customer service skills, demonstrated through project work whilst at university, internships and/or other outside interests.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills. Ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience and comfortable presenting technical materials to internal stakeholders.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.