Cisco Channel Consulting Systems Engineer 1223594 in Tokyo, Japan
Channel Consulting Systems Engineer 1223594
Location: Tokyo, Kanto, Japan
Area of Interest Sales - Product
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Security
Job Id 1223594
What You'll Do
Serve as the subject matter expert in Cisco Security Solutions
● Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services.
● Maintain area or operation responsibilities for selected major account opportunities
● Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
● Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
● Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
● Create, present and document technical solutions
● Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
● Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e.technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You Are
● Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies ASA , SourceFire, ISE , AnyConnect, TrustSec
● BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
● CCIE certification highly desirable and preferred. Industry recognized certifications such as a CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus.
● Pre-sales experience required
● Successful quota achievement
● Proven track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT & Service Provider security projects
● Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network, cloud, data center, and/or content security
● Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
● Service Provider awareness and communication skills
● Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
● Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
● Fluent in Japanese & English
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.