Expedia Associate Market Manager for Special Acquisition Team (JET) in Tokyo, Japan
The Associate Market Manager’s primary responsibility in their assigned territory is to acquire a high quality portfolio of hotel products (i.e. relevant, attractive and competitive) for Expedia’s fast-growing global customer base for his/her assigned region.
Position Responsibilities Consistently leveraging data specific to their market available in Expedient, Expedia’s proprietary market insights and activity prioritization dashboard, and leveraging their local market knowledge, Associate Market Managers will:
- Build and progressively expand their portfolio of local hotel partners by introducing prospective high potential partners to Expedia’s global value proposition and facilitating their on-boarding process
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships with influencers in the region to further accelerate acquisition of new properties.
- Ensure that their partner hotels’ product (content, rates and availability) is consistently optimized and competitive on the Expedia sites to maximize customer conversion
- Continuously promote to and develop hotel partners’ high engagement with Expedia’s full suite of tools and services.
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
This role focuses on the core of the Market Management’s team responsibility, which is to ensure that Expedia’s brands’ global customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip wherever they want to go, and that our hotel partners can effectively, efficiently and throughout the year, reach Expedia’s unique breath of global traveler demand.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; major in tourism or hospitality a plus but not required
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Minimum travel of 75% will be required for market visits
- Driving is required for client visits
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, empathy in relationship, team player
- Hungry, ambitious, motivated, action-oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively; must be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work and be laser-focused on achieving a variety of KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by LPS leadership team
- Sincere relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains solid partnerships based on mutual support through a collaborative style
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, data-driven decision making
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English and Japanese.
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
Build & Maintain Teams
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team player, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Help other team members (peers/MAs) acquire skills or achieve targets/goals
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time