General Electric Associate Financial Analyst in Minato, Japan
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Associate Financial Analyst provides assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning within GE Aviation Distribution Japan (GEADJ).
You will utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, be able to develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to affect business goals. This position will report to the GEADJ Finance Manager in Japan, and will work closely with the finance lead for military operations.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Daily oversight / involvement with military aviation business line
• Optimize and digitize financial processes
• Perform monthly closing and reporting tasks, including preparing journal entries ensuring compliance with local accounting procedures and US GAAP, preparing account reconciliations, forecasting, and variance analysis
• Work closely with operational team to achieve goals and drive improvement
• Assist with major planning sessions and cash flow forecasting for military business
• Prepare comprehensive business / financial forecasts, reports, and associated analysis
• Proactively look for opportunities where special analysis may help improve financial decisions
• Assist leadership in meeting all financial commitments and goals
• Bachelor's Degree (or High School Diploma with a minimum of 4 additional years of experience in a finance role)
• Strong oral and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Ability to identify, and resolve financial issues
• Able to work independently and take initiative in challenging situations
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Excel & Oracle proficiency
• Established analytical ability
Locations: Japan; Minato
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.