Google Strategic Partnership Manager, Hardware Partnerships in Minato City, Japan
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As a Strategic Partnership Manager on the Hardware Partnerships team member, you are responsible for leading the distribution and sales of Google-branded hardware and managing partnerships with mobile operators, electronics retailers and distributors covering developing channel strategy and consulting on commercial terms, marketing and merchandising.
You'll work cross-functionally with hardware product, engineering, marketing, retail marketing, retail operation, logistics and support teams locally and regionally on new initiatives and key strategic projects.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Daydream View, Google Wifi, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Drive and action distribution agreements and sales for Google-branded hardware.
- Initiate agreements with potential partners, lead exploratory talks, build consensus with internal and external executives.
- Consult with strategic partnerships, manage partnerships to deliver results, and build strong long-term partner relationships. Identify and prioritize partner goals.
- Become an expert on organization, business model, and strategic priorities.
- Serve as Google-branded hardware relationship manager for the current existing agreements helping to realize and optimize value from the partnership.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in the mobile industry across mobile device, mobile operator, and/or related start-ups.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with ongoing partner hands-on relationship management.
- Experience taking part in partner development and management activities.
- Ability to interpret legal document keeping in mind local context and work with attorneys on specific contract language.
- Ability to plan and manage at strategic and operational levels in mobile network companies
- Excellent communication, consultation and analytical skills as well as impeccable business judgment. Ability to represent companies in deal discussions and structure terms.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.