Air Force Personnel Center Clerk in Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan
ClClick on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform very simple, routine clerical work in office, business, or fiscal operations and to provide training and experience for higher graded work.
Learn more about this agency
- Recieves telephone calls and visitors. Answers the telephone and refers callers or visitors to appropriate personnel based on specific name or functional area request. Relays simple information when no subject matter knowledge is involved.
- Process incoming mail. Picks up and delivers mail for the office. Distribute to employees as instructed. Delivers other correspondence to other offices as directed.
- Operates office machines such as office copying and FAX machines.
- Performs routine, miscellaneous clerical work. Assembles copies of correspondence as instructed. Obtains office supplies fromthe supply room as directed.
- #### Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessment(s)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Must be a command sponsored dependent of an active duty military member or US appropriated or non-appropriated funded employee assigned to the overseas installation.
- Dependents of Red Cross employees, DoD Contractors, BX concessionaries, military banking facilitiess, USO locally hired appropriated/non-appropriated civilians, or university personnel are NOT eligible to participate in this program.
- Dual citizens are ineligible for this program
- Must be 14-20 years old as of 20 Jun 2018
- 21-23 year olds must be enrolled full time in accredited college; transcripts required as supporting document
- Students must have thier own social security number and a bank account in their own name
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-XX [insert appropriate grade level] or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
- Ability to learn general office administrative and clerical procedures to distribute mail, use copier, and answer telephone.
- Ability to learn organization and functions sufficient to receive visitors, telephone calls, and distribute male by specific name/functional area.
- Ability to follow step-by-step instructions to perform very simple, routine, or repetitive tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally using tact and courtesy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE:Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY:You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Applicants may be referred as soon as 12 April 2018 and not later than 23 Jul 2018. Subsequent referrals will occur as vacancies become available.
Duration of employment is 11 Jun -17 Aug 2018
Required to have proof of a SSN
Students who are 14 or 15 years old will be employed only after the supply of older applicants has been exhausted
Unmarried children who are less than 23 years of age and appointed under this program may be retained beyond their 23rd birthday until the appointment expires or their sponsor departs the area or completes the current overseas tour, whichever occurs first.
Students under 16 years of age; CPFs must obtain parental written consent for the particular type of work, either clerical or manual.
AD's limited to local files check.
May work part-time or full-time schedules
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants):Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition. NOTE: Current federal civilian employees may apply for this position and if selected, a break in service of at least 3 days may be required prior to appointment to this position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Human Resources* WILL NOT*modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
When job announcements indicate PCS costs are authorized, overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and any applicable Federal Overseas Regulations.
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval).
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
BASIS OF RATING:The assessments for this job will measure
- Abilities (KSA) as listed under Qualifications To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
A complete Application Questionnaire
Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number, and last four digits of your social security number.
Background checks and security clearance
Q - Nonsensitive
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - must contain the university logo (can be a copy)
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
- Veterans' Preference - a copy of your DD Form 214 which must include character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which must include service dates and character of service. In addition, if claiming 10-point preference you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of purple heart, if applicable) and a SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference). ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBERS: The VOW Act Chapter 21 of Title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 2108a, requires Federal agencies treat active duty service member as veterans, disabled veterans, and preference eligible, when they submit, at the time they apply for a Federal job, a "certification" of active service in lieu of a DD214, assuming the service member is otherwise eligible. A "certification" letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. The service member's military service dates are necessary in order to determine whether he or she meets the definition of "veteran" under 5 U.S.C. 2108(1). The "certification" must reflect the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of submission. The "certification" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin (if applicable), your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Further, under paragraph (h) of the rule, agencies are required to verify a qualifying separation from military service prior to appointment, through the DD214 or other appropriate documentation. Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Active duty members that fail to provide a valid "certification" of service with their initial application will be found "not eligible." Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the initial online questionnaire, the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (ET) on 06/16/2018 to receive consideration. The application process will follow the bullets outlined below. Notifications are provided to correspond with each step that is outlined below.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10159962
To begin the process, click the Apply Onlinebutton to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the application questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Applicationbutton at the end of the process. The Vacancy ID is 10159962
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered and/or uploaded, (i.e., resume) is received, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully. You can access your USAJOBS account to do so by clicking here. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
When you receive a notification from your USAJOBS account it may indicate that your application is complete after you submit the initial online questionnaire and documentation, however, your application will NOT be complete until you have successfully completed the next step described below.
If you meet minimum qualifications based on the initial online questionnaire responses that you submit, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. The invitation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments will be sent from email address assessments@USAHire.opm.gov. Please plan to set aside 3 hours for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments; however, most applicants complete the assessments in less time. You must complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments within 48 hours after the close of this Job Announcement to be eligible for this position.
Your results will be kept on record for use when applying for future jobs that require the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. You will not be allowed to re-take them for one year. Before attempting to take the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, you should visit https://usahire.opm.gov/assess/default/sample/Sample.action to determine if the computer you are using is likely to experience any issues during testing. If you have questions about the computer requirements or require technical assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you accidently deleted the invitation to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments or otherwise need the information re-sent (e.g., you feel you have not received it due to a SPAM filter), you should contact email@example.com to request the invitation to be re-sent. Requests to re-send invitations to the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments must be received by firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the close of the Job Opportunity Announcement.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests: If you believe you have a disability (i.e., physical or mental), covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended and Americans with Disabilities Act 1990 as amended, that would interfere with completing the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments, click here for more information about the request process: http://www.usajobs.gov/content/pdfs/USAHireReasonableAccommodation.pdf. Requests for Reasonable Accommodations for the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments must be received before the Job Opportunity Announcement closes to be considered for this job opening. Decisions on requests for Reasonable Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis. After notification of the adjudication of your request, you will receive an email invitation to complete the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. If the email invitation is sent prior to the close of the Job Opportunity Announcement to which you applied, you must complete all of the assessments within 48 hours of the closing of the Job Opportunity Announcement. If the email invitation is sent after the close or less than 48 hours prior to the close of the Job Opportunity Announcement to which you applied, you must complete all of the assessments within 48 hours from the time the email is sent.
Agency contact information
Total Force Service Center
AF Summer Hire Program 550 'C' Street W JBSA Randolph AFB, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this job, you will receive an email from email address assessments@USAHire.opm.gov with a link to take the USA Hire Competency Based Assessments. This assessment must be completed within 48 hours after the close of this Job Opportunity Announcement. If you have not received the link to the assessment within 24 hours of the closing date and you meet the minimum qualifications for the position, you should contact HelpDesk@USAHire.opm.gov to request the invitation to be re-sent.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493738300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/12/2018 to 06/16/2018
Salary: $6 to $6 per hour
Pay scale & grade: AD 00
Work schedule: Multiple Schedules
Appointment type: Temporary - 18 Aug 2018