3D Systems, Inc. Mgr, Field Service in JP, Japan
The person taking the Field Service Manager role will spend the majority of their time in three key areas.They are:
- Supporting the needs of their team.
-Setting and driving expectations for success.
- Instilling confidence in our customers that 3D Systems is there for them.
The environment and culture for this role is fast-paced and you’ll be constantly switching gears. It requires the ability to solve complex problems while maintaining strong relationships with your team, customers and sales representatives. Through time as a Field Service Manager, the foundation is laid to strengthen your managerial and customer support skills.
The person in this role should be passionate about developing people, supporting customers, and solving problems. A bachelors’ degree or Associate degree with industry experience is required as is experience managing people, constructing individual development plans, setting and holding employees accountable to clear expectations, and working in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be able to ease tension, stay positive, show they care, and hold themselves accountable.
· Management responsibilities includes selection of new employees, performance evaluation inputs, career development, authorizing time cards and expenses, assigning and managing overtime, and administration of corrective actions.
· Creates assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
· Provides direction to employees according to established policies and senior management guidance.
· Directly manages customer and sales expectations.
· Develop, manage and maintain, customer and Channel Partner relationships
· Administers Company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
· Recommends and implements changes to unit or sub-unit policies
· Coordinate with third party service providers when needed.
· Directs Field Service Team to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
· Interacts daily with Field Service Team, Tech Support Team and/or functional peer groups.
· Provides immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, allocating tasks and checking work at frequent intervals. Manages semi-skilled and skilled employees.
· Preparation/update of documentation, simplifying the service process, formal presentation of technical data to management and/or peers.
· Responsible to comply with documentation procedures and standards.
· Trains and develops new hire field service personnel.
· Helps to train Field Service Supervisors in management policies and procedures.
· Resolves problems related to their field service area as brought to them by their subordinates, peers, and manager(s)
· Manages field service schedule to support activities including repair, preventative maintenance, installation, and engineering change upgrades.
· Develops Field Service Technicians through training, field interaction, one-on-one discussions, and appraisals.
· Recruits, interviews, and selects personnel to ensure efficient operation of the field service functions with a specific area.
· Drives top line service revenue through management of parts, labor, and service contract pricing in conjunction with the sales team.
· Manages budget as provided by senior leadership to ensure effective operating income gains.
· Drives team’s efficiency gains through process improvement projects as assigned by management.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
Minimum Qualifications :
· Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
· Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
· Ability to work with large pieces of equipment.
· Effective reading and writing skills.
· 100% English proficiency
· Must be able to improvise based on environmental/infrastructure needs.
· Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
· Must be able to identify issues outside scope of project and refer to appropriate individuals.
· Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to solve customer and sales related problems.
· Must be able to review printed materials.
· Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, test and measurement equipment etc.).
· Must have extensive knowledge of product offerings.
· Demonstrates mastery of basic level Supervisor tasks.
· Effective interpersonal skills.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
· Leadership/supervisory skills.
· Ability to prioritize projects.
· Computer literate.
· Good math and technical writing skills.
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Utilizes the following equipment: computer, calculator, telephone, measurement and testing equipment.
· Proven ability to recruit and retain top talent.
· Ability to troubleshoot remotely and effectively communicate guidance to customers and technicians.
· 7 years overall professional experience
· 3 years of supervisory experience desirable.
- Education/Training RequiredBS/AA degree or equivalent business experience
Title: Mgr, Field Service
Requisition ID: 1800006Y